RSR National Rally 2019 5th to 7th July
PRE-BOOKING FOR THIS EVENT IS NOW CLOSED. BUT YOU ARE WELCOME TO TURN UP ON THE SUNDAY TO JOIN US
The 2019 Annual Rally is in the Cotswolds. There is a full programme from Friday evening through to Sunday for those who want to make a weekend of it. Those who prefer can book for the Saturday and/or the Sunday events as they choose. The hotel is the 4 star Bowden Hall Hotel near Gloucester. The Sunday Rally takes place just 20 miles away at Cotswold Airport.
Bowden Hall Hotel: This year we have chosen the Mercure Gloucester, Bowden Hall Hotel as our base for the National Rally. We looked as where other car clubs had stayed in the area and the Riley Motor Club chose this as their base in 2018. They spoke very highly of the hotel and the level of service so the RSR decided this four star Georgian country house would be ideal for us too. The hotel is set in 12 acres of its own parkland.
We will have our dinner here on Saturday 6th July, and if there is sufficient interest, the hotel can offer us a premium quality barbeque on the terrace overlooking the grounds on Friday evening.
For the dinner on Saturday, we have the function room with a bar exclusively for the RSR event. On Sunday, breakfast will be served in time for a half hour leisurely drive through the stunning Cotswold countryside to the Rally as Cotswold Airport. Once you have registered for the rally, we will supply a route map with options to avoid Birdlip Hill for those whose cars may not be ideal for either ascending or descending it!
Rooms have been reserved for the RSR for Friday 5th and Saturday 6th July for £92.00 B&B Double Occupancy per night and £82.00 B&B Single Occupancy per night. Please quote Rover Sports Register when booking to get these preferential rates. Please book your hotel room directly with the hotel.
Bowden Hall Hotel, Bondened Lane, Upton St. Leonards, Gloucs, GL4 8ED.
Phone: 01452 255 012
National Rally Programme
- Friday 5th July. Optional Evening Barbeque at the hotel(TBC)
- Saturday 6th July. Road-run through the Cotswolds. Optional visit to Cotswold Motor Museum at Bourton-on-the-Water. RSR discounted entry.
- Saturday Night Dinner at Bowden Hall Hotel – with guest speaker.
- Sunday 7th July. 10.00am National Rally Cotswold Airport including photo opportunities with the Bristol Britannia
Rally Sunday 7th July, Cotswold Airport – Arrival from 10.00am
A Gloucestershire airport steeped in history, Kemble aerodrome (Cotswold Airport) is now home to a growing general aviation community and a host of businesses. It is set in a 532 acre site.
The former base of the RAF Red Arrows aerobatic team this Gloucestershire airfield still reverberates to the sound of classic British jets, albeit they are now privately owned. After the departure of the US Air force in 1993 the airport faced a bleak future. However, local businesses have occupied most of the buildings and aviation has returned to this historic airfield.
The AV8 restaurant opened in 2005, another quality feature in an outstanding success story and is open all year round for all to enjoy.
- Large parking area next to the control tower
- Dedicated catering facilities in our field
- AV8 Restaurant open (advanced booking advised)
- Bristol Britannia visits and photo opportunities
- Red Arrows Gnat on display
- Working airfield to watch
- Raffle, Regalia and Prizes
- Dogs Welcome – to be kept on leads
- Cirencester only 10 mins away
From the East
(London, M25 etc), West and South West
• Take the M4 to junction 17, and then follow the A429 north towards Cirencester. Please do not exit at junction 15 as it is easy to get lost and is no faster this way.
• Though you will see Kemble Airport on the left hand side, after Malmesbury and Crudwell, you will not be able to gain access from this road.
• Continue on A429 towards Cirencester, past Cotswold Airport and you will come to Kemble village.
• You will see a traffic light crossing in the middle of the village. Turn left here (signposted Coates) and follow under the bridge to the end of the road.
• At the T-junction turn left onto the A433. After about ¾ mile, you will approach a right hand bend with a small country turning off to the left. Turn into this road, signposted Jackaments Bottom Farm.
From the North
• There are several options, one of which is to take the M5 to Junction 11A and then the A419 to Cirencester.
• Once at Cirencester, take the A433 Tetbury Road. Follow the A433 towards Tetbury. You will pass under a railway bridge and The Thames Head pub on the right.
• Approximately 1½ miles further you will approach a right hand bend with a small country turning off to the left. Turn into this road, signposted Jackaments Bottom Farm.
• Once you have turned at the Jackaments Bottom Farm signpost on the A433, follow the track to the very end where you will see the entrance to the Cotswold Airport . The large metal gates should be open, but if not, please press the ATC buttons on the keypad, and they will open the gate for you.
• Once through this gate, follow the road and blue signs to Control Tower and AV8 Restaurant which will be visible on your left hand side.
ONLY USE NORTH GATE – NO ACCESS TO RALLY FROM THE SOUTH